Friday, January 27, 2012

Saving For My Birthday

This is my year. I promised myself that I will celebrate my birthday with a party in May. This will be my "first" birthday party. Looking back, I can't remember a time in my life that I celebrated my birthdays with a party.

First on my list is to save for this big event. Every centavo saved counts from now until May. I feel it is an exciting time for me.

But why spend if you can save the money? Yes, I've thought of that. Frugality dictates that I don't spend my hard-earned savings.

However, for this special event in my life, I would like to share the fruit of my labor with my friends and loved ones. It's "once-in-my-life-event" that I believe, I should do.

So this early, I am believing God for the blessing on my savings and provision to honor Him on my 60th birthday on May 18.

Come celebrate with me,
Jimmy

P.S. By the way, saving to buy an item on cash basis is a good habit that will definitely get you out of debt.

Photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment