Friday, June 24, 2011

Get out of Debt. All debt!

The Good book, the Bible, is right when it says that "the borrower is a slave to the lender" (Proverbs 22:7).
People in dire financial need usually resort to borrowing. If not checked, they become addicted to it. The only solution they see is to borrow from the lender. A piece of advice: shun borrowing like a plague!

For those who are in debt: get out of debt, all kinds of debt!
Here are five (5) strategies to free yourself from the lender:

1. Perform what David Ramsey calls "Plasictomy". Cutting your credit card and using cash only.
    There is no positive side to credit card use. I suggest you use Debit Card instead. It keeps you
    constantly aware of your financial condition and prevents you from buying impulsively and unnecessarily.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/434pics/3495447828/sizes/m/in/photostream/
2. Don't pay the "Minimum Amount" suggested by your credit card company
    Credit Card company are loan sharks! When you pay minimum amount you end up paying your
    debt in 32  years.

3. Pay credit card balance beginning with the one with the lowest balance. If you do, it feels like you're
    doing something to eliminate your debt. I did and I got rid of one credit card and it feels so good.

4. Negotiate. The credit card company is eager, so eager to have your business. In this regard, they are
    open to negotiating anything you put on the table like interest rates, annual membership fee, etc.
    I still have one credit card debt, which I am trying to manage and eliminate. Every year, I request my credit card company to reverse the annual membership fee they charge me
    and they gladly oblige. This year, I did the same and to my surprise, they told me that from this year on they will no longer bill me the annual membership fee. Just one of those fees you can deduct from your debt. It feels so good!

5. Talk to somebody, please. There's help. Share your burden with someone you can trust. Don't suffer alone about your debt situation.

To your debt-free life,
Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment