Sunday, November 13, 2011

Managing Our Resources Well

Last week, a couple came to me for advice. They are having a hard time making both ends meet. Since I am involved in sending workers abroad, the husband came to me for a possible opportunity to go and work abroad. If I were to choose, and since the husband has work here, the best option is to work here and stay together with his family.

I then focused on the issue of managing their financial resources well. I shared our experience about managing our financial resources. When my wife and I were newly married, we learned how to effectively manage the money we bring in. I believe this is the starting point of being a good steward of that which God has given us, and in particular, the money we earn.

I shared about planning and setting up a family budget. I believe that the simplest and most effective  budget system that I've known is the "envelope system". I discussed this with them and they promised to implement it for their family that day. I saw in them the determination to start the right way!

I am truly convince that when we learn how to be faithful and good stewards of our money, no matter how small, we will become wise. The wise shall inherit the earth.

Stay financially healthy,
Jimmy



P.S. I am recommending this budget system, which Maritess and I used when we got married.

No comments:

Post a Comment